Philippine BAe 146 operator SkyJet resumed scheduled services to Basco, in Batanes, on 14 December. The flights had been suspended on 11 June, when the airline’s provisional permit expired. The airline was granted a temporary operating permit on 3 August. As a final step in securing the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) approval for commercial operations, a demonstration flight to Basco was operated in 28 October. Services to Basco will be flown three times a week, using BAe 146-200 RP-C5525 (msn E2031) operated on SkyJet’s behalf by Lionair. Services to Busuanga are scheduled to start on 15 February. Services to Caticlan, Virac, Catarman, and Surigao are also being planned.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)