Chile’s Aerovías DAP took delivery of its first Avro RJ85, on lease from Atlantic Airways. RJ85 OY-RCE (msn E2233) flew her last service for Atlantic Airways on 23 December. She then departed Vagar on 28 December, finally arriving in Santiago on 31 December. After a test-flight on 9 January, she entered service on 10 January, flying to El Salvador and back as DAP442/443. She is still painted in basic Atlantic Airways colors, but with ‘Mineral Airways’ titles on lower left fuselage. She replaces BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) on Aerovías DAP’s mining industry support flights. OY-RCE is currently wet-leased from Atlantic Airways, but will be purchased at the end of the 3-month lease period.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)