Iran’s Mahan Air has added VIP-configured BAe 146-200 YR-ANJ (msn E2079) to its fleet. The 146 was acquired from Romania’s Alfa Air. YR-ANJ’s registration was cancelled on 12 October and she left Bucuresti’s Baneasa airport on 23 October, as either EK-27004 or EX-27004 (reports differ), and ferried to Tabriz. She was then seen at Tehran’s Mehrabad International Airport on 19 January, still wearing Alfa Air’s colors on the fuselage, but with Mahan Air’s tail colors and titles. Mahan Air already operates several BAe 146-300s and Avro RJ100s.
Recent news items on Mahan Air:
- Mahan Air retires 146th BAe 146 (2017-12-08)
- Report blames pilot error for Mahan Air BAe 146 runway over-run (2017-04-24)
- Iranian President flies on Mahan Air Avro RJ85 (2017-04-08)
- Mahan Air Avro BAe 146 damaged in runway overrun (2016-06-20)
- Mahan Air adds another Avro RJ85 (2015-11-10)