Aerovías DAP‘s BAe 146-200 CC-ACO (msn E2094) made the first ever commercial night landing in the Antarctic on 7 February. She arrived at Isla Rey Jorge at 0130 in the morning, local time, with 70 passengers. Two of DAP’s veteran pilot, Sergio Cortés and Federico Klock, were at the controls. The flight was a charter for Quark Expedition. The arriving passengers then boarded the cruiseship Clipper Adventure, while CC-ACO returned to Punta Arenas with the ship’s previous passengers.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)