Minden Air‘s BAe 146 air tanker conversion made her first flight on 9 June. Series 200 N446MA/Tanker 46 (msn E2111) took to the air from the company’s base at Minden-Tahoe airport, Nevada. The first test flight lasted two hours. The conversion, which must be certificated by both the FAA and the Forest Service before it can enter service, differs from that used in the company’s initial design, which had been developed with the assistance of BAE Systems and Tronos. N446MA was previously operated by Air Canada Jazz as C-FBAO. She was stored at Calgary from 2005 until she was acquired by Minden Air in 2009.
Recent news items on Minden Air:
- Registration of Minden Air BAe 146s expires (2017-05-05)
- Minden Air files for bankruptcy protection (2016-09-01)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker begins drop tests (2014-06-30)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker named ‘Fireliner’ (2013-08-02)
- US Forest Service awards ‘Next Generation’ air tanker contracts (2013-05-08)