Neptune Aviation is exploring opportunities to use its BAe 146 air tankers outside the USA. The company’s Chief Executive Officer, Ronald Hooper, indicated that the company had submitted a bid to the Australian National Fire Agency to operate a BAe 146 in Australia during its fire season. Spain and Brazil have also expressed an interest in Neptune’s 146 air tankers. Neptune has two operational 146 air tankers, two more due to be delivered shortly, and a fifth about to begin conversion. The first two are currently operating for the US Forest Service on a ‘legacy’ contract, but the company was recently passed over for ‘Next Generation’ contracts.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)