BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) of Aerovías DAP operated a medical evacuation flight from the Teniente Marsh airfield on Isla Rey Jorge, in Antarctica. A Dutch tourist on an Oceanwide Expedition cruise had developed a cardiac problem and been brought ashore at the base. CC-AZP took off from Punta Arenas at midnight on 17 December to evacuate her, returning to Punta Arenas later that day with the patient.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- Aerovías DAP takes delivery of a second Avro RJ100 (2017-01-02)
- Aerovías DAP painted in penguin colors (2016-12-15)
- Aerovías DAP inaugurates Punta Arenas-Ushuaia route (2016-11-10)