Aerovías DAP’s BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) carried some unusual passengers to the Antarctic on 6 December — rock group Metallica, who conducted a concert there. The group arrived in Punta Arenas on their private Gulfstream jet in the early afternoon of 6 December, and transferred to the 146. Their departure to the Antarctic was delayed, however, because the band’s manager — who was travelling separately — arrived late. Some of the group members seized the opportunity to get a tour of Punta Arenas. The 146 was finally able to depart at 17:00 for the flight to Isla Rey Jorge. From there, the group boarded a boat that brought them to Argentina’s Carlini base, where the concert was held.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)