Aerovías DAP’s BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) carried some unusual passengers to the Antarctic on 6 December — rock group Metallica, who conducted a concert there. The group arrived in Punta Arenas on their private Gulfstream jet in the early afternoon of 6 December, and transferred to the 146. Their departure to the Antarctic was delayed, however, because the band’s manager — who was travelling separately — arrived late. Some of the group members seized the opportunity to get a tour of Punta Arenas. The 146 was finally able to depart at 17:00 for the flight to Isla Rey Jorge. From there, the group boarded a boat that brought them to Argentina’s Carlini base, where the concert was held.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- Aerovías DAP takes delivery of a second Avro RJ100 (2017-01-02)
- Aerovías DAP painted in penguin colors (2016-12-15)
- Aerovías DAP inaugurates Punta Arenas-Ushuaia route (2016-11-10)