On 30 December, SkyJet took delivery of BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015). The arrival of RP-C8538 should enable the airline to resume its flights, which have been suspended since its previous BAe 146, series 200 RP-C5525 (msn E2031), was damaged beyond repair when she over-ran the runway at Balesin on 19 October. Built in 1984, RP-C8538 is one of the oldest 146s still in service. She was most recently operated by Indonesia’s Manunggal Air Service as PK-VTA. Ironically, she had been intended for another Philippine 146 operator, Asian Spirit, but had been left stranded at Indopelita’s facility at Pondok Cabe when new owners changed that airline’s name to Zest Air and walked away from the 146 leases.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)
- SkyJet BAe 146 over-runs runway at Busuanga (2018-06-08)