Aerovías DAP has been operating BAe 146-200 CC-ACO (msn E2094) in support of the Dakar 2014 rally. The Dakar Rally is an off-road endurance event organized organised by the Amaury Sport Organisation. It was previously known as the “Paris–Dakar Rally” and run from Paris, France, to Dakar, Senegal, until security concerns along its route forced a change of venue to South America. The 2014 edition began on 5 January in Rosario, Argentina, and ended on 18 January in Valparaíso, Chile. DAP’s 146 operated several flights in support of the last stage of the event, within Chile, carrying personnel from the organizers, competitors, and French television.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)