Neptune Aviation‘s contract to operate two BAe 146 air tankers has been put on hold after four competing firefighting companies protested the award. The US Forest Service (USFS) awarded the contract on a sole-source basis to Neptune in December, citing doubts about the availability of other air tankers that had received ‘next generation’ contracts — five out of seven of which missed their contractual start dates. A decision on the protest by the General Accounting Office is due by 28 March.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)