Even in retirement, BAe 146s can continue to prove useful. WDL Aviation‘s BAe 146-200 D-AMAJ (msn E2028), retired from service at the end of August, has been acquired by de-icing company N*ICE Aircraft Services & Support GmbH for use as a trainer. She was ferried from Köln to Frankfurt on 31 January.
Previous news items on WDL:
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- WDL acquired by Zeitfreracht (2017-10-26)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- WDL operates BAe 146 for Brussels Airlines (2016-07-02)
- WDL BAe 146 damaged in hard landing at London City (2015-08-31)