SkyJet began services to Caticlan Airport on Boracay on 27 April, using BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015). Caticlan is the main gateway to Boracay, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Philippines, but its runway is only 950m long, generally limiting operations to turboprops. Interisland Airlines was the first to operate jets into Caticlan, using Yak 40s; it was followed by Asian Spirit with its BAe 146s. Because of Caticlan’s short runway, only the 146-100 can be used there, and even then with only 60 passengers. Although work has been underway for some time to extend the runway to 2000m, it has yet to be completed.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)