Continuing its strategy of linking untapped tourist spots, SkyJet is planning to fly to Baler Airport, in eastern Luzon. The airline operated an initial test flight, on 4 June, using BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015). Baler is one of the country’s top five surfing destinations, as well as being of historical interest. It has only been served sporadically by airlines — most recently by Seair using a Dornier 328. SkyJet is planning to fly to Baler three times a week, beginning in mid-August.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)