Australia’s Cobham Aviation Services is adding former CityJet Avro RJ85 G-CDYK (msn E2329 ex EI-RJA). She had operated her last CityJet service, AF1078 from Paris CDG to Dublin, on 3 March. She was then ferried to Cranfield on 13 March, returning off-lease to Falko, taking up once again her previous registration G-CDYK on 26 March. After a short period of storage, Avalon Aviation prepared her for Cobham. She was ferried to Norwich for painting on 5 November, returning to Cranfield on 14 November. She departed Cranfield on her delivery flight to Australia on 27 November. She is equipped with a gravel kit and will be operated on Cobham’s new FIFO contract from Gold Fields Australia, flying six roundtrip flights a week to the gravel strips serving Gold Fields Australia’s Granny Smith and Darlot mining sites in Western Australia.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)
- Newest Cobham Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-03-30)
- Cobham acquires former ASL BAe 146QT (2018-03-20)
- Cobham Aviation adds former Swiss Avro RJ100 (2018-01-21)
- Cobham contract for Barrow Island flights renewed (2017-09-08)