Swiss has retired Avro RJ100 HB-IXR (msn E3281). She operated her last flight — a roundtrip from Zürich to Genève — on 30 November. She was then ferried to Kemble on 2 December, for parting out by Chevron Technical Services. Several other RJ100s will be retired in the coming months as they are replaced by ERJ 190s operated by Helvetic Airways. They were to have been replaced by Bombardier CS100s, for whom Swiss is now the launch customer, but that type’s entry into service has been repeatedly delayed.
Recent news items on Swiss:
- Last Swiss Avro RJ100 departs Zürich (2017-08-24)
- Swiss ends Avro RJ100 operations (2017-08-15)
- Swiss is down to a single Avro RJ100 (2017-07-05)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- BAE Systems marks Swiss BAe 146/Avro RJ anniversary (2017-03-28)