Swiss subsidiary Swiss European has been renamed Swiss Global Air Lines as of 3 February. The change reflects the fact that the Boeing 777-300(ER)s that Swiss has ordered will be operated by the subsidiary. Swiss Global will continue to operate Swiss fleet of Avro RJs, until they are eventually replaced by Bombardier CS100s.
Recent news items on Swiss:
- Last Swiss Avro RJ100 departs Zürich (2017-08-24)
- Swiss ends Avro RJ100 operations (2017-08-15)
- Swiss is down to a single Avro RJ100 (2017-07-05)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- BAE Systems marks Swiss BAe 146/Avro RJ anniversary (2017-03-28)