Air Botswana has invited bids for one of its stored BAe 146-100s, and indicated that the second 146 will also shortly be auctioned off. Both 146s have been stored at Gaborone’s Sir Seretse Khama International Airport for quite some time. A2-ABD (msn E1101) was parked in March 2008 and A2-ABF (msn E1160) probably sometime in 2013. Both have been offered for sale before, but apparently found no buyers. Air Botswana’s two Avro RJ85s, A2-ABG (msn E2303) and A2-ABH (msn E2304), are apparently also in storage at Gaborone. Air Botswana has been rocked by a series of scandals recently. The airline’s General Manager, Ben Dahwa, has been accused of nepotism, and has also been implicated in a corruption case involving Zimbabwe’s Minister of Transport.
Recent news items on Air Botswana:
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s to be parted out (2016-08-06)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s fly to Stansted for maintenance (2014-08-30)
- Second Avro RJ85 delivered to Air Botswana (2012-10-22)