The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) has suspended SkyJet‘s Air Operator Certificate (AOC), citing safety concerns. The suspension was issued on 15 May and was effective immediately, forcing the airline to cancel all its flights. SEAir International was the subject of a similar action. Both airlines were recently audited by a European Union Assessment Team, which identified numerous safety concerns. The EU report pointed to eight instances in which SkyJet had violated regulations on flight data monitoring, maintenance control, and quality assurance. SkyJet operates BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015) and a leased Dornier 328.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)