Kyrgyz airline Tez Jet began flights from Bishek to Tamchy airport on 3 July using its BAe 146-200, EX-27002 (msn E2172). Tamchy, in eastern Kyrgyzstan, is the gateway to Issyk-Kul—the tenth largest lake in the world by volume, and the second largest saline lake after the Caspian Sea. Issyk-Kul, which means ‘warm lake’ in Kyrgyz, had been popular vacation resort during the Soviet era, but had declined after the Soviet Union’s collapse. Efforts are now being made to revive it. Tez Jet will operate to Issyk-Kul twice a week, on Fridays and Sundays, throughout the summer.
Recent news items on Tez Jet:
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85s for sale (2018-12-01)
- SkyJet acquires former Tez Jet BAe 146-200 (2018-04-25)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 returns to service (2018-04-20)
- Tez Jet Avro RJ85 suffers uncontained engine failure (2018-03-02)
- Tez Jet puts Avro RJ85s into service (2017-11-08)