WDL Aviation‘s BAe 146-200 D-AMGL (msn E2055) was damaged in a hard landing at London City on 16 August. She had been ferried in from Köln that morning, and then operated the BA8734/BA8735 London City-Frankfurt rotation on behalf of British Airways, a route she has flown frequently in the past month. On her return from Frankfurt, she touched down hard at 18:36 local. There were no injuries, but the aircraft suffered what the German BFU later classified as ‘substantial damage’. WDL flew in BAe 146-300 D-AWBA (msn E3134) from Köln the following morning to replace her. After some initial attention at London City, D-AMGL was ferried back to Köln on 21 August for additional work. She returned to service on 26 August, operating for Air-Berlin.
Previous news items on WDL:
- WDL flies for SAS (2018-09-03)
- WDL Aviation to replace BAe 146s with Embraer 190s (2018-08-06)
- WDL reduces EasyJet flying but starts Hopping (2018-08-03)
- WDL BAe 146s lose their new logos (2018-06-11)
- ‘New’ WDL BAe 146 enters service (2018-05-01)