WDL Aviation‘s BAe 146-200 D-AMGL (msn E2055) was damaged in a hard landing at London City on 16 August. She had been ferried in from Köln that morning, and then operated the BA8734/BA8735 London City-Frankfurt rotation on behalf of British Airways, a route she has flown frequently in the past month. On her return from Frankfurt, she touched down hard at 18:36 local. There were no injuries, but the aircraft suffered what the German BFU later classified as ‘substantial damage’. WDL flew in BAe 146-300 D-AWBA (msn E3134) from Köln the following morning to replace her. After some initial attention at London City, D-AMGL was ferried back to Köln on 21 August for additional work. She returned to service on 26 August, operating for Air-Berlin.
Previous news items on WDL:
- WDL BAe 146s fly for EasyJet (2018-01-11)
- WDL BAe 146s once again flying in France (2017-12-07)
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- WDL acquired by Zeitfreracht (2017-10-26)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)