Transporte Aéreo Militar (TAM)‘s BAe 146-200 FAB-103 (msn E2040) has joined the collection of the new Bolivian Air Force Air and Space Museum, at El Alto Airport near La Paz. The museum was inaugurated on 29 October by the country’s vice-president, Álvaro García Linera. FAB-103 is displayed outside, along with several other transport aircraft, including a Douglas C-47, Lockheed 188 Electra and C-130 Hercules, and a Fokker F27. Originally built for PSA in 1985, she later flew for USAir, Debonair, Southern Australia, National Jet Systems (NJS), and CityJet before being acquired by TAM via lessor Tronos in 2009. She has been withdrawn from use for some time, and used as a spares source for the airline’s other BAe 146s.
Recent news items on TAM:
- TAM resumes services (2018-05-10)
- TAM temporarily suspends services (2018-05-05)
- Second Avro RJ70 for TAM ferried to Bolivia (2018-01-19)
- TAM granted more time to achieve civil certification (2017-12-28)
- TAM faces suspension of operations as civil certification lags (2017-12-22)