New Romanian airline Aviro Air is negotiating with Italian tour operator SoleAir to operate BAe 146-300 YR-AVR (msn E3193 ex SX-DIX) on their behalf during the 2016 summer season. SoleAir is based in the Puglia region of southern Italy. Aviro Air took delivery of the former Astra Airlines 146 in March 2015; she is currently parked at Bucuresti’s Baneasa Airport, still painted in Astra’s green colors but without titles. The airline received its AOC from Romania’s Civil Aviation Authority (Autoritatea Aeronautica Civila Romana, AACR) in July 2015, but has been unable to start operations because of a lack of crews.
[updated 2012/12/30 to indicate no contract was signed and add date of AOC]
Recent news items on Aviro Air:
- Aviro replaces Astra on NextJet services (2018-03-10)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 once again flying charters in Italy (2018-02-14)
- Aviro Air ends flying for Astra (2017-10-31)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 flies football charters to northern Europe (2017-10-10)
- Astra BAe 146 flies for Meridiana (2017-07-10)