The Braathens Regional Airlines (BRA) brand was formally launched on 29 February. It brings together Avro RJ operator Malmö Aviation with other regional airlines in the Braathens Aviation Group, which had hitherto operated under Sverigeflyg umbrella brand. The merger had been announced early last year and was expected to take place in the fall, but was delayed until all the constituent airlines could be brought onto the same reservations platform. Avro RJ100 SE-DSO (msn E3221) was the first RJ100 to be painted in the airline’s new colors, which feature multi-colored bands on the fin, large “BRA” titles on the aft fuselage, and the website address on the forward fuselage. Later this year, BRA is expected to start replacing its RJ100s with Bombardier CS100s. Malmö Aviation had been the launch customer for the type, with deliveries initially scheduled to begin in mid-2015. After repeated delays, the airline backed out of the launch customer role.
Recent news items on Braathens Regional Airlines (BRA):
- KLM UK Engineering to maintain BRA Avro RJs (2018-02-16)
- Damaged BRA Avro RJ100 declared a write-off (2017-12-03)
- BAE Systems marks Swiss BAe 146/Avro RJ anniversary (2017-03-28)
- Braathens Regional Avro RJ100 damaged at Copenhagen (2017-03-24)
- Braathens Regional Airlines extends JetSpares contract (2017-03-07)