On 11 June, BAe 146 CC2 ZE700 (msn E1021) of No.32 (The Royal) Squadron participated in the flypast over London to mark the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II. The flypast included representative examples of all the principal types in service with the RAF, as well as historic aircraft such as a Spitfire and Hurricane. It began at 12:00 noon, and lasted just three minutes. The 146, callsign “claret”, flew in formation with a much larger Boeing C-17, as the fifth element of the flypast.
Recent news items on No.32 (The Royal) Squadron:
- BAE Systems wins contract to support RAF BAe 146s (2018-09-11)
- BAe 146 participates in RAF 100th anniversary flypast (2018-07-11)
- RAF BAe 146 painted in 100th anniversary colors (2018-05-12)
- Dispute over use of No.32 Squadron aircraft settled (2017-12-08)
- BAe 146 carrying Boris Johnson makes emergency landing (2016-07-18)