Ansett Aircraft Spares has bought the two stored Avro RJ85s of Air Botswana and will part them out for spares. The two RJ85s have been stored at Gaborone’s Sir Seretse Khama International Airport. Although both visited the UK for maintenance in 2014, A2-ABG (msn E2303) in August and A2-ABH (msn E2304) in September, both were parked by late 2014 or early 2015. The tender offer also covered the airline’s two BAe 146-100s, A2-ABD (msn E1101) and A2-ABF (msn E1160), who have also been stored at Gaborone for many years, and noted that none of the aircraft is currently airworthy.
Previous news items on Air Botswana:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana puts its 146s up for auction (2015-05-22)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s fly to Stansted for maintenance (2014-08-30)