The UK’s Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) provided some unusual pictures of FAAM’s BAe 146-301ARA (msn E3001) flying alongside the RRS Discovery research ship. The 146ARA and the Discovery provide complementary tools to undertake research that helps improve understanding of environmental issues. The photo op was organized to promote Into the Blue, a 9-day series of events showcasing NERC’s research. As part of Into the Blue, the FAAM 146ARA will be on public display at Manchester airport from 25 to 29 October.
Recent news items on FAAM:
- FAAM BAe 146ARA test-flies optical ice detection probe (2017-07-04)
- FAAM BAe 146ARA operator Directflight changes name (2016-05-29)
- NERC buys FAAM BAe 146 (2014-04-02)
- FAAM BAe 146 to operate in the arctic (2013-03-19)
- FAAM BAe 146ARA studies emissions from forest fires (2011-07-29)