Chile’s Aerovías DAP has taken delivery of a former Swiss Avro RJ100 acquired through lessor Tronos. RJ100 HB-IXS had operated her last service for Swiss on 16 October, and was registered as T7-IXS in 19 October. She departed on her delivery flight to Chile on the following day. During the trip, she made a side trip to St. Helena to test the RJ100’s suitability for operations at the new St. Helena airport. She then continued to Chile, routing via Recife, Rio de Janeiro, and Montevideo, arriving at DAP’s base at Punta Arenas on 24 October. She is due to become CC-ARN.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- Aerovías DAP takes delivery of a second Avro RJ100 (2017-01-02)
- Aerovías DAP painted in penguin colors (2016-12-15)
- Aerovías DAP inaugurates Punta Arenas-Ushuaia route (2016-11-10)