On 9 November, BAe 146-200 CC-ACO (msn E2094) operated Aerovías DAP‘s inaugural flight from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia, in Argentina—the southernmost city in the world. The flight departed Punta Arenas at 14:00 local, arriving at Ushuaia at 14:30, where it was greeted by a water cannon salute. The route will be operated twice a week until March, although it may be extended beyond that if it proves successful.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- Aerovías DAP takes delivery of a second Avro RJ100 (2017-01-02)
- Aerovías DAP painted in penguin colors (2016-12-15)
- Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2016-10-28)