On 9 November, BAe 146-200 CC-ACO (msn E2094) operated Aerovías DAP‘s inaugural flight from Punta Arenas to Ushuaia, in Argentina—the southernmost city in the world. The flight departed Punta Arenas at 14:00 local, arriving at Ushuaia at 14:30, where it was greeted by a water cannon salute. The route will be operated twice a week until March, although it may be extended beyond that if it proves successful.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)