BVI Airways Avro RJ100 VP-LOS (msn E3282) Spirit of the Virgin Islands undertook proving runs from Fort Lauderdale to and from Terrence B. Lettsome Airport on Beef Island on 10-11 November. VP-LOS then returned to Summerside, via Westchester/White Plains, for further work by Tronos. Completion of the proving runs is an important step in obtaining regulatory approval. The airline had initially intended to start non-stop services between Miami and Tortola in October. It did not state a new target for service start. BVI Airways recently hired Bradley Goggin, a former Royal Air Force pilot, as the Director of Flight Operations. Mr Goggin had flown BAe 146s in No.32 (The Royal) Squadron.
Recent news items on BVI Airways:
- Neptune acquires Avro RJ100 (2018-02-21)
- BVI government calls BVI Airways in breach of contract (2017-12-15)
- BVI Airways Avro RJ100 ferried to Summerside (2017-09-02)
- Out of cash, BVI Airways lays off flight crew (2017-07-19)
- BVI Airways denies date for service start (2017-07-05)