Neptune Aviation Services has acquired the BAe 146-200 previously operated by Djibouti’s Daallo Airlines for conversion to air tanker. LZ-DAL (msn E2074) was registered to Neptune as N478NA on 9 November. A flight crew provided by aircraft broker Southern Cross Aviation picked up the 146 from Djibouti on 17 November, and ferried her to the US. She arrived at Neptune’s base in Missoula on 20 November, still wearing full Daallo colors and titles.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)