Aerovías DAP rolled out BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) in a new color scheme representing a king penguin. Hitherto, Aerovías DAP has limited itself to applying its titles to whatever colors the aircraft wore when they were acquired, resulting in a rather drab and heterogeneous fleet. The airline has now decided to give its aircraft “a personality”, in the words of Nicolás Pivcevic, DAP’s Manager for New Business. CC-CZP is one of three aircraft used on its flights to Antarctica. She was painted in DAP’s own workshop, a process that took over 20 days, given the complexity of the scheme. After being rolled out in early December, she undertook her first flight to Isla Rey Jorge, in Antarctica, on 12 December. Aerovías DAP had resumed seasonal flights to Antarctica for the 2016-17 season on 1 December. Both of the other aircraft used by DAP Antarctic Airways will also receive special schemes, the subjects of which the airline wants to keep as a surprise.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)
- Aerovías DAP puts first Avro RJ100 into service (2018-01-02)
- Third Avro RJ100 delivered to Aerovías DAP (2017-04-29)
- Aerovías DAP takes delivery of a second Avro RJ100 (2017-01-02)