After several years of absence, a BAe 146 is again operating on behalf of an Italian airline, in this case virtual airline PeopleFly, based in Cagliari. Romania’s Aviro Air is operating its BAe 146-300, YR-AVR (msn E3193), on PeopleFly’s behalf. She operated her first flight on 7 December, it took her from Trapani to Barcelona to Alghero to Barcelona and back to Trapani. YR-AVR is still wearing the basic green livery of previous operator Astra Airlines but sporting a PeopleFly sticker on the lower fuselage. On 20 December, she operated her first flight, to Bucuresti Baneasa as AVG231. Though initial loads were low, they have been growing. Services to Roma Fiumicino and Reggio di Calabria will be added in January. The contract with PeopleFly runs through early May.
[updated 2016-12-30 to correct details on initial operations for PeopleFly]
Recent news items on Aviro Air:
- Aviro Air BAe 146 leaves Italy (2018-08-26)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 returns to Italy (2018-07-03)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 returns home (2018-06-18)
- Aviro replaces Astra on NextJet services (2018-03-10)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 once again flying charters in Italy (2018-02-14)