As in previous years, Conair has ferried an Avro RJ85 air tanker to Australia to operate there during the southern summer fire season. RJ85AT C-GVFK/Tanker 391 (msn E2268) left Abbotsford on 29 November. After a stop in Oakland, she started her crossing of the Pacific Ocean, stopping in Honolulu on 30 November. On 4 December she continued on to the Marshall Islands and then to Honiara, in the Salomon Islands. She finally arrived in Avalon airport outside Melbourne on 5 December. She sports “EMV – Emergency Management Victoria” stickers on the forward fuselage.
Recent news items on Conair:
- Third CityJet Avro RJ85 sold to Conair (2019-05-24)
- CityJet sells another Avro RJ85 to Conair (2019-04-25)
- CityJet sells Avro RJ85 to Conair (2019-02-19)
- Conair Avro RJ85AT returns home (2019-01-12)
- RJ85 air tanker switches states and number (2018-12-09)