South Africa’s Airlink has announced that it intends to replace its fleet of 12 Avro RJ85s with Embraer E-Jets over the next three years. The airline has already agreed to acquire three ERJ 170s and two ERJ 190s from Embraer subsidiary ECC Leasing, and is looking for an additional eight ERJ 190s. Adding E-Jets was a natural move for Airlink, as it already operates ERJ 135s, 140s, and 145s. Airlink first acquired BAe 146s in 2007.
Recent news items on Airlink:
- Airlink helps cover routes of grounded SA Express (2018-05-27)
- Airlink ends flights from Pretoria (2018-05-08)
- Airlink barred from merging with Safair (2018-02-24)
- Airlink to merge with Safair (2017-11-27)
- Airlink Avro RJ85 suffers uncontained engine failure (2017-11-09)