Braathens Regional Airlines (BRA) has signed a two-year extension to its long-standing JetSpares contract for its ten RJ100s and two RJ85s with BAE Systems Regional Aircraft. BRA is now JetSpares oldest customer, having signed its first contract in April 1996. The extension comes on the heels of the airline’s announcement that it was postponing delivery of the ten Bombardier CS100s it has ordered to replace the RJ100s, citing the uncertainty caused by the introduction of new aviation taxes in 2018. BRA thus looks set to continue operating its RJ100s for some time.
Recent news items on Braathens Regional Airlines (BRA):
- BRA retires an Avro RJ100 (2018-02-28)
- BRA adds former Swiss Avro RJ100 (2018-02-22)
- KLM UK Engineering to maintain BRA Avro RJs (2018-02-16)
- Damaged BRA Avro RJ100 declared a write-off (2017-12-03)
- BAE Systems marks Swiss BAe 146/Avro RJ anniversary (2017-03-28)