Another former Brussels Airlines Avro RJ85 has been broken up. G-CGYU (msn E2275 ex OO-DJN) had been stored at Kemble since February 2012, when she had been returned off-lease to Falko. Parting out began in the fall of 2016; by mid October, she was seen resting on pallets on her fuselage, her undercarriage, engines, and various other parts having been removed. She remained in this state until March, when she was finally broken up, with the remains being removed on 17 March, except for the nose section, which was trucked out intact the following week.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)