BVI Airways is operating Avro RJ100 VP-LWW (msn E3274) on behalf of Haiti’s Sunrise Airways. She positioned to Port-au-Prince on 18 April, immediately after returning from Curacao, bringing the BVI National Athletics Team back from the Carifta Games 2017—BVI Airways first commercial flight. She is being operated on flights to Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and Camaguey, all in Cuba. The schedule is not very strenuous, typically involving a flight every few days. BVI Airways and Sunrise Airways have a long-standing relationship. In 2014, the two airlines signed an agreement under which Sunrise Airways operated its Jetstream 32EPs on BVI Airways’s behalf. Now the lease is going in the other direction, but still involves a BAe product.
Recent news items on BVI Airways:
- BVI government calls BVI Airways in breach of contract (2017-12-15)
- BVI Airways Avro RJ100 ferried to Summerside (2017-09-02)
- Out of cash, BVI Airways lays off flight crew (2017-07-19)
- BVI Airways denies date for service start (2017-07-05)
- BVI Airways ends flying for Sunrise Airways (2017-06-08)