BVI Airways operated its first commercial flight with one of its Avro RJ100s on 13 April, when RJ100 VP-LWW (msn E3274) flew a charter carrying the BVI National Athletics Team to Curacao for the Carifta Games 2017. The airline hopes to start services to Miami soon, but is still awaiting authorization from the US authorities.
Recent news items on BVI Airways:
- BVI government calls BVI Airways in breach of contract (2017-12-15)
- BVI Airways Avro RJ100 ferried to Summerside (2017-09-02)
- Out of cash, BVI Airways lays off flight crew (2017-07-19)
- BVI Airways denies date for service start (2017-07-05)
- BVI Airways ends flying for Sunrise Airways (2017-06-08)