The Philippino Bureau of Customs (BOC) took custody of SkyJet BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015) on 29 March after the airline was unable to produce the paperwork proving it had paid the necessary import duties and taxes. SkyJet acquired RP-C8538 from Indonesia at the end of 2013. The airline had 15 days to produce the appropriate documentation and recover the 146; it is not clear if it did so. SkyJet also operates another series 100, RP-C5255 (msn E1104), and a series 200, RP-C3855 (msn E2087). The latter entered service earlier this year.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)