The Philippino Bureau of Customs (BOC) took custody of SkyJet BAe 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015) on 29 March after the airline was unable to produce the paperwork proving it had paid the necessary import duties and taxes. SkyJet acquired RP-C8538 from Indonesia at the end of 2013. The airline had 15 days to produce the appropriate documentation and recover the 146; it is not clear if it did so. SkyJet also operates another series 100, RP-C5255 (msn E1104), and a series 200, RP-C3855 (msn E2087). The latter entered service earlier this year.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Beauty queens help SkyJet launch new route (2017-12-09)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- SkyJet begins flights to Siargao (2017-02-25)
- Former StarPerú BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2016-12-25)