Star Up, parent of Peruvian BAe 146 operator StarPerú, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Chile’s Latin American Wings (LAW) under which the two airlines would combine their operations. LAW operates four Boeing 737-300s; it had been a charter airline until recently, but launched scheduled operations in March. Under the MoU, the two airlines will conduct legal and financial due diligence, leading to a formal agreement within a month. The combined airline would share aircraft and expand their joint network. StarPerú currently operates nine BAe 146s: two series 100s, four series 200s, two series 300s, and one series 200QT freighter. It also has two Bombardier CRJ-100s.
Recent news items on StarPerú:
- StarPerú considers options to replace its BAe 146s (2014-09-25)
- StarPerú BAe 146’s flat tyre closes Cuzco runway (2013-09-25)
- StarPerú BAe 146QT freighter painted (2011-11-17)
- BAe 146QT freighter delivered to StarPerú (2011-07-29)
- StarPerù adds BAe 146QT freighter (2011-06-29)