In a rather complicated arrangement, Jota Aviation is operating Avro RJ85 G-JOTR (msn E2294) on behalf of Flybe, on routes from Southend which Flybe is operating on behalf of Stobart Air. Flybe recently announced that it would operate two Embraer 195s on Stobart Air’s routes from Southend, on an ACMI basis. Flybe was unable to provide the necessary aircraft in time, however, so contracted with Jota to cover some of the services. G-JOTR positioned to Southend on 5 May, and operated its first Flybe/Stobart Air service, BE6140/6141 to Venezia and back, on the following day. Since then, she has also flown to Lyon, Köln, Budapest, and Reus. It is worth noting that both Flybe and Stobart Air are former BAe 146 operators (the latter while she was still known as Aer Arann), and that just prior to her assignment for Flybe, G-JOTR had been flying for Loganair, which had itself briefly operated a BAe 146.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Flybe (2010-11-10)