Neptune Aviation has rolled out its latest BAe 146 air tanker, N477NA/Tanker 15 (msn E2103). She is the first to be fully converted from airline to air tanker configuration entirely by Neptune itself; earlier 146 air tankers had been fully or partially converted by Tronos. Tanker 15 was previously operated by Bulgaria Air as LZ-HBZ. She was ferried to Neptune’s base at Missoula by Southern Cross Aviation, arriving on 29 September 2016. She entered the hangar for conversion soon after her arrival. On 25 May she started flight testing. She is expected to enter service in early June.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- Neptune acquires former Daallo BAe 146 (2016-11-21)
- Competitors protest Neptune Aviation contract (2014-01-08)
- Neptune Aviation awarded new air tanker contract (2013-12-13)
- Neptune Aviation seeks international work for its BAe 146 air tankers (2013-06-26)
- Neptune Aviation withdraws protest over loss of ‘Next Generation’ air tanker contract (2013-06-07)