Neptune Aviation has rolled out its latest BAe 146 air tanker, N477NA/Tanker 15 (msn E2103). She is the first to be fully converted from airline to air tanker configuration entirely by Neptune itself; earlier 146 air tankers had been fully or partially converted by Tronos. Tanker 15 was previously operated by Bulgaria Air as LZ-HBZ. She was ferried to Neptune’s base at Missoula by Southern Cross Aviation, arriving on 29 September 2016. She entered the hangar for conversion soon after her arrival. On 25 May she started flight testing. She is expected to enter service in early June.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers help fight California fires (2018-11-15)
- Neptune air tankers return to service (2018-11-10)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers begin to come home (2018-10-08)