The certificates of registration of both of Minden Air‘s BAe 146s expired at the end of April. N446MA/Tanker 146 (msn E2111) was converted to the company’s ‘Fireliner’ air tanker configuration in 2014, but failed its Interagency Transportation Board drop tests. The company then ran out of resources to modify it and try again, and filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 2016. Its second 146, N556MA (E2106), was never converted. Both are parked at Minden-Tahoe Airport.
Recent news items on Minden Air:
- Minden Air files for bankruptcy protection (2016-09-01)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker begins drop tests (2014-06-30)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker named ‘Fireliner’ (2013-08-02)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker flies (2013-06-10)
- US Forest Service awards ‘Next Generation’ air tanker contracts (2013-05-08)