After donating her useful parts to help keep North Cariboo Air‘s Avro RJ100s flying, former Atlantic Airways RJ85 OY-RCD (msn E2235) has found a task to keep her busy in her retirement, by serving as a cabin trainer. She had arrived in Calgary on 11 December 2013. She was gradually stripped of useful parts during 2014, then cut up in 2015. However, the forward fuselage back to trailing edge of the wing was retained, perched on a makeshift undercarriage, to serve as a cabin trainer. North Cariboo Air operates two RJ100, primarily in support of the oil and gas industry.
Recent news items on North Cariboo Air:
- North Cariboo Avro RJ100 grows mustaches (2016-11-11)
- Summit Air Avro RJ85 helps evacuate town threatened by forest fire (2016-05-13)
- Second Avro RJ100 delivered to North Cariboo Air (2014-05-04)
- First Avro RJ100 delivered to North Cariboo Air (2013-12-15)
- North Cariboo to add two Avro RJ100s (2013-07-31)