General Julio César Villarroel Camacho, Director of Bolivia’s Transporte Aéreo Militar (TAM), has confirmed that the airline has bought Avro RJ70 T7-KMA (msn E1252) as FAB-107. The former MDLR Airways aircraft has been stored at Bacău since the Indian airline shut down in 2009, initially as VT-MDN. She is expected to arrive in Bolivia on 15 July, and will be used by TAM to obtain certification from civil aviation authorities as TAM-Empresa Pública. The airline was supposed to have begun operating as a civil airline by 30 June, but has recently received yet another deadline extension, to the end of the year.
Recent news items on TAM:
- TAM suspends operations as it misses latest deadline for civil certification (2018-08-01)
- TAM resumes services (2018-05-10)
- TAM temporarily suspends services (2018-05-05)
- Second Avro RJ70 for TAM ferried to Bolivia (2018-01-19)
- TAM granted more time to achieve civil certification (2017-12-28)