General Julio César Villarroel Camacho, Director of Bolivia’s Transporte Aéreo Militar (TAM), has confirmed that the airline has bought Avro RJ70 T7-KMA (msn E1252) as FAB-107. The former MDLR Airways aircraft has been stored at Bacău since the Indian airline shut down in 2009, initially as VT-MDN. She is expected to arrive in Bolivia on 15 July, and will be used by TAM to obtain certification from civil aviation authorities as TAM-Empresa Pública. The airline was supposed to have begun operating as a civil airline by 30 June, but has recently received yet another deadline extension, to the end of the year.
Recent news items on TAM:
- TAM granted more time to achieve civil certification (2017-12-28)
- TAM faces suspension of operations as civil certification lags (2017-12-22)
- Avro RJ70 for TAM reaches Cochabamba (2017-08-14)
- TAM-Public Entreprise to operate Avro RJ70s? (2017-05-29)
- Deadline for TAM to convert to civil status extended (again) (2017-02-11)