Astra Airlines‘ BAe 146-300 SX-DIZ (E3206) has been frequently operating for Italy’s Meridiana in the past few months, usually for a single day at a time. These assignments are a far cry from la dolce vita, however. On the latest such assignment, on 9 July, SX-DIZ began the day by positioning to Milano Malpensa in the early morning. She then operated no less than eight sectors that day, touching at Cagliari (3 times), Torino, Napoli, and Bologna before returning to Malpensa, and then flying back to Thessaloniki in the early hours of 10 July. On previous visits, she has also operated Meridiana flights to airports in other countries, including Münich, Ibiza, and even Santorini. In the meantime, Aviro Air‘s 146-300 YR-AVR (msn E3193) continues to operate many of Astra’s domestic routes from Thessaloniki, although charters occasionally take her further afield. On 8 July, for example, she flew a round trip to Katowice.
Recent news items on Astra Airlines:
- Aviro Air BAe 146 flies for Astra Airlines — Again (2017-06-13)
- Romanian start-up buys Astra BAe 146 (2015-08-31)
- Astra Airlines paints second BAe 146 in new colors (2010-07-09)
- Astra Airlines adds a second BAe 146 (2009-05-21)
- Astra Airlines begins operations (2008-07-08)