Irish airline CityJet has signed a contract with Avtrade covering component maintenance for the airline’s Avro RJ85s. The contract will last until CityJet retires its RJ85s. CityJet had planned to retire its RJ85s by 2018 or 2019 as Sukhoi SSJ100 SuperJets are delivered, but recently decided to retain them until about 2021.
Recent news items on CityJet:
- CityJet retires another Avro RJ85 (2018-01-22)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 operates Santa Flight (2017-12-16)
- CityJet might accelerate Avro RJ85 retirement (2017-12-10)
- CityJet negotiates extension of Air France contract (2017-11-17)
- Former Formula 1 BAe 146 to be parted out (2017-06-30)