Air Botswana‘s BAe 146-100 A2-ABF (msn E1160) was ferried to the Philippines, arriving at Subic Bay on 14 August. The Air Botswana title and logo had been covered with stickers. It is not known yet whether she has been acquired as a spares source, or as a replacement for SkyJet‘s own 146-100 RP-C8538 (msn E1015), which was impounded by the Philippino Bureau of Customs (BOC) in late March. A2-ABF had been in storage at Gaborone since at least 2014.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Beauty queens help SkyJet launch new route (2017-12-09)
- Philippine Customs seizes SkyJet BAe 146 (2017-04-21)
- SkyJet begins flights to Siargao (2017-02-25)
- Former StarPerú BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2016-12-25)