South Africa’s Airlink placed its first Embraer ERJ 190 into service on 3 August, on flights from Johannesburg to Pietermaritzburg and Bulawayo. The airline is planning to replace its fleet of 12 Avro RJ85s with Embraer E-Jets over the next three years, and has already acquire three ERJ 170s and two ERJ 190s, though only a single 190 has been delivered to date. Airlink has configured its 190 with 6 business and 92 economy class seats, offering a capacity increase over the 83-seat RJ85s, as well as greater range.
Recent news items on Airlink:
- Airlink to merge with Safair (2017-11-27)
- Airlink Avro RJ85 suffers uncontained engine failure (2017-11-09)
- Atlantic Star bid for St Helena service rejected (2017-05-04)
- Airlink Avro RJ85 flies to St. Helena (2017-05-03)
- Airlink to replaces its Avro RJ85s with Embraer E-Jets (2017-01-19)